Monday, October 25, 2010

Andy's Frozen Deliciousness


It all started when one of my soul sisters from the West Coast bid me farewell with a generous gift card to Andy's Frozen Custard.  Best friend who wants me to feel welcomed by yummy chilled custard magic by my new digs in Missouri? Or, evil twin laughing in the shadows like a bad drug dealer who has enticed me into the realm of addiction where the gateway drug is custard. 

I drive through and order a s'mores version of a custard featuring chilled chocolate custard, crunchy almonds, marshmallow all famously "jackhammered" or deliriously demolished together. Call this one of their famous concretes, Choc-o-Rocko.

Andy's top secret recipe includes milk, cream, and sugar folded into a cool custard made fresh every hour.  If you've missed their larger than life two-scoop vanilla custard cone twirling high above their locations, well, then you certainly won't miss the line. There's always a line. Like the postman; come rain, sleet, or snow, their customers will be there and you will be there too. It's love at first lick. Andy's ads beg of you, "Have you had your Andy's today?" Yeah, I'm sure most of us locals have. Or, according to their website, "Frozen custard so good, all you'll need is a cone...or a bowl...or a spoon." Perhaps they should consider, "Frozen custard so good, you'll need a triple bypass!" I mean, let's be honest. I'm secretly relieved that after four weeks of living here, I only have .20 cents left on my gift card because Andy's is THAT good and my thighs are THAT big. 


Guess what's in season right now? Pumpkin pie concrete. That's right. A slice of good ol' pumpkin pie jackhammered into vanilla custard. Happy early Thanksgiving, America.
In the mood for a pretzel caramel combo? How about a James Brownie Funky jackhammer? A malt? Old fashioned custard soda? Show your Missouri pride. 

James Brownie Funky Jackhammer



For Andy's coloring fun for kids, locations, treats, and more visit:

http://www.eatandys.com/

1 comment:

  1. (enter evil cackling laugh here!) MAN that place looks cool! Only 20 cents left? Shall I send you a new card? :)

    Love you! And no your thighs are not that big!

    ReplyDelete